Yes, damage can occur if a non-rechargeable battery is used. Using a non-rechargeable battery could pose a fire risk, and should be avoided.
If a non-rechargeable battery is installed, will it damage the Solar Electric NightLight ?
- What happens if I close the Daylight Dimmer?
- What is the expected battery life?
- How do I replace the rechargeable batteries?
- Will the rechargeable batteries be fully charged by Solatube prior to installation?
- Can additional Solatube Accessories be installed with the Solar Electric NightLight?
- What is the warranty for the Solar Electric NightLight?
- May I buy replacement rechargeable batteries from Solatube International?