To achieve optimal light output in spaces that require long tube runs, we recommend using tube lengths no longer than those listed below:
- Solatube® Brighten Up® Series: Solatube 160 DS (10 in. / 250 mm) – 20 ft (6m)
- Solatube Brighten Up Series: Solatube 290 DS (14 in. / 350 mm) – 30 ft (9m)
- Solatube Smart LED™ System: (10 in. / 250 mm) – 20 ft (6m)
- Solatube SolaMaster® Series: Solatube 330 DS and 750 DS (21 in. / 530 mm) – 50 ft (15m)
- Solatube SkyVault® Series: M74 DS (29 in. / 740 mm) – 100 ft (30m)
For tube runs exceeding 15 ft in length or running horizontally, we recommend the addition of suspension wires for support.
In short tube runs, there is no minimum length for the Solatube Brighten Up Series. The tubing may simply need to be modified to fit the space. This can be done easily by telescoping or cutting the tubing to the desired length. With the Smart LED System, the minimum length is 16 in. to accommodate the Amplifier. For SolaMaster 330 DS-C or 750 DS-C, a minimum depth of 12 in. is required to accommodate the transition box. For most open ceiling applications, the tube can be cut or telescoped to make the diffuser flush with the underside of the roof deck or to lower the diffuser to the desired height.
For Solatube SkyVault M74 DS applications, the Tab-Lock Connection System dictates that the tubes are set to designated lengths. Curb height can be manipulated to affect diffuser position.
Keep in mind that, for a short tube run, creating tube angles may not be possible.