In sunny Florida, heat and humidity are constant, but attic fans can help provide relief and cooling to make your home more comfortable! Your attic traps the solar heat from the sun by absorbing it through the roof. The heat then finds its way into your living space, making you turn up the air conditioning and ultimately increasing your utility costs. If your home was built with inadequate ventilation or insufficient air exchanges, these can create even more issues such as trapping humidity, soaking insulation, and encouraging fungal growth. Decay and plywood delamination can occur as a result.
A quality attic fan can solve these issues, working all year long to keep your home safe and comfortable. An even better solution would be a solar powered attic fan, which can alleviate all these issues and while not use any electricity. The Solar Guys are happy to share with you the benefits of attic fans as your ideal ventilation solution, as well as the top five best attic fans available for your home.
The Benefits of Attic Fans
Attic fans keep your attic cool in summer and all year long despite the common humidity and heat in Florida. A cool attic means reduced opportunity for damage to your roof, less heat radiating into the living spaces in your home, reduced strain on your air conditioner, and lower utility costs overall.
An attic fan not only reduces heat in your attic, but also lowers accumulating moisture. Moisture can encourage the growth of mold and fungus, eventually damaging the structure of your home.
If you choose a solar powered attic fan, you will receive all the benefits of an eco-friendly product that doesn’t require additional electricity. A solar attic fan lowers your electric bills while allowing your air conditioner to function optimally, not overtime. Plus, because there is no wiring, solar powered attic fans are easy to install and easy to maintain!
The Top Five Attic Fans for Your Home
- Solar Star® Solar Attic Fans – The Solar Star® Solar Attic Fan brings the latest solar power technology to create a powerful attic fan. With the solar attic fan, you will get ventilation that effectively removes heat and moisture from your attic. The result is a cool, dry attic that increases the longevity of your roof, thereby saving energy and keeping your utility bills low.
The unique design of the Solar Star® Solar Attic Fan is compatible with any roof, features leak proof flashing, and meets Florida Building Code (FL10884) and High Velocity Hurricane Zones (FL14826). Featuring a brushless motor, the solar attic fan is both durable and quiet, which increases efficiency as well as reliability. The Solar Star® Solar Panel features an advanced 16 or 35-watt solar panel with a 5-wing fan blade and long-lasting motor. Plus, it offers a 10-year warranty on its solar panel, motor, housing, and other components.
- Natural Light Solar Attic Fan – The Natural Light Solar Attic Fan is a 36-watt model that can be installed on a variety of angled or sloped roofs (no flat roof installation option). This high-quality solar fan is made in the USA and features a powerful DC motor to effectively move hot air and moisture from your attic space. The solar panel is adjustable for greater effectiveness and comes with a 25-year limited warranty. With no wiring required, the kit comes complete and ready for installation.
- Remington Solar Attic Fan – The Remington Solar Attic Fan comes with a quiet brushless motor and the ability to cool up to 2,500 feet. Pre-installed thermostat and humidistat on this 30-watt fan emphasize its eco-friendliness. This solar attic fan also features a high-quality solar panel with a 24V DC motor. It can be installed on most roofs and comes with a risk-free guarantee.
- iLiving Smart Solar Attic Exhaust Fan – With its compact design, the iLiving Smart Solar Attic Exhaust Fan offers efficient operation and good looks. The iLiving Smart Solar Attic Exhaust Fan features an IP68 waterproof rating with a powerful 20W adjustable solar panel. This fan also boasts a brushless motor, a smart thermostat and an enable/disable control. The fan comes with a 15-year warranty and offers additional add-on features, which are sold separately.
- Rand Solar Powered Attic Fan – The eco-friendly Rand Solar Powered Attic Fan offers 435 CFM capacity with a long-life brushless motor. Featuring an 8-watt roof ventilator, this effective solar powered fan is ideal for smaller homes or in instances where you would like to install multiple units. The Rand Solar Powered Attic Fan comes with a 20-year parts warranty.
The Solar Guys Can Help
If you are considering solar attic fans for your home, The Solar Guys can help! We promise to deliver a custom solution right for you that features the industry’s highest quality products and the best customer service in the business.
Click here to contact us today for a free estimate or call .