A Solatube® Skylight is a great way to add natural daylight into an otherwise dark room in your home.
They are a high-performance natural lighting system that uses advanced optics to harness the sunlight in a way that significantly improves how daylight is controlled and used.
It is not your traditional skylight, sun tunnel, sun tube, or other generic solar lighting device. You can brighten your living room, closets or any other room like never before with a Solatube® Daylighting System.
Benefits of the Solatube® Daylighting System
- Brighter, more colorful rooms that cost nothing to light
- Saves costs on Electric Bills – Significant Reduction in energy usage
- Less expensive to purchase & install than a traditional skylight
- Quick Installation (as little as 2 hours!)
- Installation doesn’t require any changes to the structure of your home (Unlike traditional skylights)
- No permit required for installation
- Green, sustainable solution
- Health benefits
- Leak-proof design
- Increases the value of your home
- Can give buyers an energy tax deduction – Federal tax credit available
- Homeowners can control the way the light enters the room with various diffusers
- Add-ons available for dimming, extra light after dark, ventilation, etc.
The Technology of a Solatube® Daylighting System
The Solatube® Daylighting System is one of the most technologically advanced daylighting products available today.
With breakthrough technology, design and materials, it provides an abundance of pure, clear natural light for any interior space.
Whether you need light in a laundry room, bathroom or hallway, solar light tubes are efficient because they have reflective properties that uses natural sunlight to brighten any space in your house.
How does a Solatube® work?
- A dome on the roof captures sunlight
- The dome directs the sunlight downward into the tube and through the attic
- The light reflects off the sides of the tube on its way down to the delivery zone
- The reflective tube delivers the sunlight throughout the room.
- You get stylish delivery of your light with decorative ceiling fixtures that combine form and function for optimal daylight diffusion
Solatube® International pioneered the concept of tubular skylights over 30 years ago and they continue to revolutionize the industry with patented innovations.
Solatube® skylights feature the highest reflectivity of any material used in solar light tubes and they provide up to 70% more light and spread than other brands!
They offer state of the art technology such as Raybender Roof Domes, Spectralight Infinity Tubing, and the LightTracker Reflector.
You can also add on an LED light for energy-efficient light during nighttime use and the Daylight Dimmer allows you to easily control the amount of daylight that enters the room with the convenience of a switch. Learn more about the Solatube® Electric Nightlight here.
Leak-proof & Maintenance-Free
Solatube® is engineered to work with all roof types, including:
The seamless, one-piece steel construction of the solar tube eliminates the possibility of leaks AND its circular design allows rain and debris to bypass the rooftop dome, so it’s leak-proof and virtually maintenance-free.
The Solatube ® Daylighting System also meets all high-velocity hurricane zone requirements so you don’t have to worry that your skylight will be compromised, or your home will be damaged during Florida’s hurricane season July-October!
Go Green! Solatube® Is a Sustainable Solution for Your Home
If you are looking for “green” solutions for your home, a solar tube skylight is perfect for you.
How a Solatube® Daylighting System is a green solution for your home:
- Having a Solatube® allows you to switch off electrical lights during the day
- Significant savings on your energy bills (By relying more on solar-powered light, you consume less electric power)
- Utilizing more solar powered energy and less electric usage reduces environmental pollution
- Solatube® is Energy Star Rated, which means virtually no heat or UV enters the house
If being environmentally conscious is important to you, then this is a great beginning without breaking the bank.
Light Output from a Solatube®
The light output from the Solatube® device is simply amazing. They provide as much light as a traditional skylight many times its size. Plus, it costs much less than other solar tube skylight options (Check out Solatube® vs Imitations blog for more information).
Health Benefits of Natural Light
By installing a Solatube® skylight in your home, you are increasing the amount of natural light you have in the room. Increasing your daily exposure to natural light is proven to be beneficial to one’s health in many ways! According to Health Line, natural light
- Boosts Vitamin D
- Helps to enhance mental and physical well-being
- Can reduce eye fatigue and headaches caused by fluorescent lighting
- Help improve sleep/wake cycles
- Can increase levels of happiness
- Read more about how natural light can improve your health here.
Installing a Solatube® Daylighting System
Solatube® skylight installation is fast, clean, and easy.
Unlike traditional skylights, it requires no structural reframing, tunneling, dry walling or painting.
The Solar Guys certified Solatube® experts can install the product in less than two hours!
What is the Size of a Solatube®?
They can be 10-inch, 14-inch, or larger.
What’s the Average Cost of a Solatube® Skylight?
A standard 14-inch Solatube ranges between $550-$750.
Fun fact – The average traditional skylight (2 x 4 ft) cost is two or three times a Solatube! Traditional skylights usually range between $1,540 – $2,000+.
There are also ways to control how the light is diffused in the room and the appearance in many ways using diffusers, fixtures, and other accessories. Check them Solatube® Decorative Fixtures here.
Federal Tax Credit
There is also a federal tax credit offered for a limited time on the purchase and installation of Solatube® Daylighting Systems. There is a 26% Federal Tax Credit in effect until December 31, 2020. Check out more about the federal tax credit info on our Solatube Tax Credit Information page.
Get Started Today
It is time you saved energy and money while boosting your eco-consciousness with a Solatube® Daylighting System. The solar tube skylight is the best solution to brighten any room.
We look forward to making your home eco-friendlier and bringing light into your home.
The Solar Guys employs professional factory trained installers and guarantees our workmanship with a limited lifetime warranty. Contact us today at 1-866-641-1963 for a free home consultation and begin enjoying daylight in the darkest areas of your house. Servicing all of Central FL.