The ability of a tubular daylighting device to capture low-angled winter light may differ significantly from its ability to capture high-angled summer light. The ratio of summer to winter light output can be an indicator of the product’s effectiveness in delivering (or not delivering) consistent light throughout the course of a year. Solatube® Daylighting Systems will produce uniform levels of output regardless of season (or climatic conditions), resulting in steady and reliable interior illumination despite variations in exterior conditions or seasonal changes in the daylighting resource.
What is seasonal consistency and why is it important?
- Best garage door insulation for hot climates?
- How to insulate a garage door?
- How to install a skylight?
- Do skylights make your house hot?
- What is the ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) impact of installing a Solatube Daylighting System?
- What is Spectralight Infinity and how does it achieve maximum Light Transfer Efficiency without shifting colors?
- Why is Specular Reflectance a better measurement of light output than Total Reflectance?